Does your life look a little dim right now? Are you looking for an energetic re-charge? Looking to make more money, get that job, have that baby or find the one? Or do you simply want to learn this ancient art to be able to serve your clients better?
There might be something in your home that is blocking these things for you. There might be thought patterns that hold you back from receiving what you want or noticing it's mere presence in your life already. There might even be some energy within yourself or space that is just STUCK.
What if there were simple ways you could add INSTANTmeaning and energy flow to your life? Would you want to know?
This 9-week Virtual Group Program centered around Feng Shui called Around the Ba'Gua: 9 Weeks to Energetically Up-Level Every Area of Your Life was created for this exact reason. I have been passionately performing Feng Shui sessions for over 4 years and it's now time to bring it to the masses in a more structured, affordable and comprehensive way. If you want to learn about Feng Shui and it's time to up-level YOUR life, keep reading.
You can schedule an Inspiration Session below to find out if this program is right for you:
This program is designed to teach you about the ancient art of Feng Shui, sacred space and success through the most meaningful process I know that actually works! If you are curious about Feng Shui and how to get your home, office or any space you use in tip top energetic shape, this is the perfect class for you. Get the training, support and guidance you need to up-level every area of your life! Finally understand how to make your space and life work for YOU! If you're a service provider, learn how you can increase your value by offering this knowledge to your clients.
Explore and learn Feng Shui in a playful way with structured support to keep you accountable and inspired!
(Set for Saturdays, but I am open to Sundays too, if that works better for everyone)
Investment: $397 (payment plans available)
Ready to sing up? GO HERE
A little over 4 years ago I was stuck in the biggest rut of my life. I hated every part of it and was utterly broke and depressed. Everything seemed perfect from the outside but I was miserable inside. I was quite desperate for a change and had no clue where to start. Luckily the universe had my back and sent me something at the perfect time.
I heard about a Feng Shui class in a random newsletter. It was interesting, intimate and so apropos since it was called "you can have it all". Since that was the opposite of my life at the time, I signed up and everything changed immediately. I realized how much meaning and joy was missing from my life and keeping me stuck. Not only did my life get better, but I found my true calling, I started making money and getting clients, my marriage took a positive 180 degree turn and my relationships transformed. I owe this transformation to Feng Shui. If it weren't for that class, I wouldn't be where I am today. That one choice to take a chance and go on a journey with strangers changed my world in a way I could never imagine. It opened up so much opportunity that I used to create a new life worth living.
Ever since then, I have wanted to bring the same structure and incredible information to the world, myself, because I know how distressed it can feel when you are stuck and I know what's possible, what's on the other side of a chance.
I am pleased to invite you to my 9-week virtual group program: Around the Ba'Gua: 9 Weeks To Energetically Up-Level Every Area of Your Life. We start January 9th and there are only 7 spots left.
This class is brand new for me and inspired by my own learning and process. I can guarantee this will be the lowest investment I will ever offer for this program, since it is my first one. Take advantage of this now!
This is the kind of class I took when I first started out learning about Feng Shui back in 2008. I got certified in Black Hat Tibetan Feng Shui after continuing with more classes for over a year. I love Feng Shui and it really does work, and FAST!
Still not sure? Let's talk! I'm here to support your highest and best decision. If you are feeling something when you read this, I would suggest reaching out and scheduling an Inspiration Session now to explore if this class is a good fit for you.
One thing it is not is a religion. You can believe in whatever higher power you want and still utilize in Feng Shui.
My definition is "the cultivation of balance, harmony and flow within a space."
(in Chinese thought) A system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangement and orientation in relation to the flow of energy (qi),...
Tibetan Black Hat or Sect Feng Shui was practiced first over 4000 years ago by monks, and the power of this Feng Shui school is equally as great as the traditional kind. This philosophy ensures there is always a way to help your situation while only using what you have or want and never deals with absolute direction or rules. It was made popular in the west by Grand Master Thomas Lin Yun during the 70s and 80s, due to it's simplicity and accessibility to individuals. My Feng Shui teacher was trained by a student of Lin Yun. This type of Feng Shui uses the Ba'gua, or map, and places it over a blueprint of a space, with your entryway as the anchor.
I am SO excited to bring this class to you, as it has been my dream for over a year! I can't wait to meet the lucky people who will be journeying with me starting in January!!! There are 7 spots left!
Lots of love,
I believe we all are energy and what we DO with that energy can be powerful (TWEET THAT!). Even more so when used in conjunction with other like energy simultaneously. This is similar to why Feng Shui works. In other words, a ton of people doing the same thing at the same time for the same reason. I'm sure you can put together some memories of why that concept in general is so powerful.
We all have shit to do. We all talk about there not being enough time to do it in. We all take on more than we can handle at some point and then complain why our lives aren't what we want it to be. I know how easy it is to get caught up in the "what life gives you" storm. We can all sure use any help we can get. Am I right? That's why I get excited to utilize the universe to my benefit. Here are 3 ways I've had success in constructing my days, weeks & to-do list according to the cosmos.
"Have you ever noticed how each weekday has a distinct feel to it? Each day of the week is governed by a planet or a luminary (moon and sun), and so each day has a special energy and feel to it according to its overruling planet. We can use astrological meaning of days to enhance our progress every day of the week. Being aware of daily planetary properties can facilitate alignment of our thoughts and allow a better flow of productivity throughout our days and weeks.
Learning the planetary personalities and each meaning of days opens a whole new realm of potential growth. A fabulous flow of energy can be created when we work with the planetary attributes rather than blindly moving through our week. Simply put, knowing astrological meaning of days gives us a secret weapon for success and productivity because we are working with the cosmic orbits, not against." - Avia Vanefica from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/astrological-meaning-of-days.html
Here are my suggestions on what you can do on each day that would be most benefiting:
Monday - MOON - introspection, meditation, determining emotions (write, set boundaries, feel into desires).
Tuesday - MARS - Take action on new/old projects (organizing!), plan a full day, stay active/energetic.
Wednesday - MERCURY - Communicate (email, speak, phone, blog...), connect, travel, go to doctor.
Thursday - JUPITER - Do anything that you want to grow/increase in size, meetings, planning.
Friday - VENUS - Love someone (you count!), dates, creativity, finding pleasure in necessary tasks.
Saturday - SATURN - Cleaning, preparation, studying, adventures
Sunday - SUN - Rest, cooking, learning, fueling, nurture, be bold, wish.
Just like days of the week, the time of day has an impact on your productivity. Each hour is also ruled by a planet, but that gets too convoluted for me. Let's just go with the sun schedule here. Some of this might be obvious, but try to put a deeper meaning into what you schedule for each timeframe.
DAWN: Ease into new energy, decide on intention as light emerges so you can "see" better
MORNING: Schedule something new, work on the hardest tasks needing the most energy or tasks that you desire expansion from.
NOON: Starting at 12pm, the sun is goin' down and that affects on our actions. After noon until evening is a great for working towards projects/goals, studying/learning and clean up any "mess" (whatever that might look like).
TWILIGHT: Wrap it up! Take it slow and be more alert as "shadows" are appearing, enjoy the transition.
NIGHT: Quiet rest and rejuvenation, sneaky secretive behavior if you're into that, endings (think relinquishing duties/responsibilities or releasing of something no longer needed).
The moon, as our closest planet, is SO POWERFUL. Each moon cycle is ruled by another planet and therefore comes with different traits/personalities/strengths. We can honor each 2 week cycle by living according to what the corresponding planet of the month represents. You can find information on what each month's planetary moon combo is online (google it). In general, keep these guidelines in mind for each phase:
NEW MOON - A fresh start to set intentions for the month and especially the next two weeks. It's the time to start new endeavors, begin processes and create. As the moon is waxing (getting bigger), we are able to harness that growth in our own lives, just like I mentioned in the morning time above.
FULL MOON - Big, bright Illumination means we can see the darkest spots in our lives. It's our spotlight to celebrate. As the moon is waning (getting smaller), it's the time to release what is no longer serving us such as habits, people, endeavors or beliefs.
Fascinating, huh? In the comments below, tell me what you liked the most. What will you be implementing in your life right away?
My Colleague Christel Ferguson and I are on a mission to revolutionize the way you feel about your home through organizing, Feng Shui and design. We created a video series to focus on just that, starting the the bedroom.
If you enjoy the video, share it with your friends and family! Stay connected with us through YouTube and Social Media through the links below. Thanks for your support.
Happy Summer! I just finished my recent workshop with the lovely Ashley Stanfield from Creatively Neat. We merged both organizing and Feng Shui, and talked about time managment, utalizing the summer energy and what seasonal support means. Hopefully, the workshop will be presented again before the year is through, because it totally rocked, in my opinion! I hope you will be able to join us for the next one. Until then, we will have a highlight video for you shortly so make sure you are signed up for the Some Like It Organized newsletter!
Stay connected with me on your favorite social network to hear about upcoming workshops and seminars.
Here's a video to help you feel inspired!
In Los Angeles, most of us spend a great deal of time in our cars. Sometimes I’m in my car for 5 or more hours! Running errands, meeting clients or going to fun places all take some time in the car and you should enjoy that travel time. We already play music or talk on the phone (bluetooth, of course) to lighten our mood. What if I told you the clutter in the glove box or trash in the back seat can affect your ability to enjoy yourself or even think?
When your space (read: car) is crowded, your brain can’t function or figure things out properly. I would say test this theory but that could ruin a day of your life which I don’t want to happen. If your car is messy, why not try cleaning it out, organizing the papers (at least so they are all together) or tidying it up a bit. Is your ability to think about your day or to-do list easier? Are you able to relax and focus on driving well? It might seem unnecessary at first, until you realize that Michelle might have a point one day when you get a little anxious while driving.
Here are some ways I personally keep my car under control. I love the feeling of having a clean, empty car (most days).
• Get a car organizer. They have them at car washes, discount stores or online. You can use them in your trunk, on your visor, attached to the front seat, wherever! They can accommodate whatever should be corralled. Additionally, a portable file box or collapsible crate can also work for specific needs.
• Have a little bag or section in your compartments of little travel stuff that you might use often such as a mini notebook, pens, deodorant, wipes or sunglasses. Also I keep $5 in one dollar bills for unexpected parking lots.
• A mini trash bag works wonders if you are always eating on the go. They have nice looking ones so don’t let looks stop you from keeping your car clean!
• Take everything out when you get home at the end of the day. Don’t keep your shoes or paperwork from the office lying in the back seat. Not only does that invite robbers to break a window and snatch anything that might be valuable (bags, shoes, clothes, boxes), but when you enter your car the next morning, it’s not too inviting, is it? It’s kind of like making your bed.
• Feng Shui it up! Yes, even your car can use a some energy help. Hang a crystal on the rear view mirror. If you have a dent or large scrape, put a red item on the inside of your car where that is until you fix it. Keep sharp things out of the glove box. The options are endless!
If you might be in need of assistance with organizing your vehicle, let me help you. I feel strongly about this because of my experience with the results. To me, your car can be just as important as your house.
Happy Spring Equinox! What a perfect time to start fresh with a clean house and new intentions. Amongst the typical spring cleaning duties, there are more in depth ways to make your space sparkle while also enhancing your life! It’s important for energy to flow freely. You might not realize that some parts of your life can be affected by those hidden areas that are neglected. Check out my top 5 tips for spring cleaning that include the 3 main principles of Feng Shui.
1. Declutter and purge! The catch all drawer, the bathroom cupboards, your closet or that messy desk drawer need your help. Dump everything out so you can see it all. Get rid of everything you don’t need (something you haven’t used in 6 months to a year or whatever is not serving you somehow). Put like things together back in and use dividers if possible. Even small spaces can be scary when cluttered. Start small and pretty soon, you’ll get the confidence to tackle a big project you’ve been putting off. Or just call me ;)
2. Vacuum, dust or mop UNDER all furniture, tables, shelves, closets- especially the things that never move. Schedule a strong volunteer to help if needed. Take the items sitting on top away (like glasses in your cupboard or all the books on the bookcase) and clean. Dust and dirt are not energy’s friend, even if you can’t see it.
3. Clean your refrigerator. Take everything out and scrub it down with an eco cleaner or vinegar/water solution. Be careful not to use mainstream chemical “cleaners" in your refrigerator where your food will be. Don’t forget to wipe the bottom vent. Often forgotten about, those gooey spills can affect a certain area of your life. If you know which area, it might be an ironic metaphor.
4. Walk through your space and gather all of your broken items. Look for things with zippers, in your cupboards, around the outside of your house, or your storage area. Either get rid of it because it’s not doing you any justice, or make a pact with the item to fix it by a certain time. Hopefully you can have faith in the fact that broken things don’t belong around you.
5. Now that you have gotten rid of at least ONE thing (right?!), introduce a brand new, preferably “spring-y" something to beautify your freshly cleaned space. Put a brighter comforter on your bed, new pillows for the couch, a fresh smelling candle for the bathroom or whatever brings a smile to your face. This is a crucial step of closure to move forward with your new intentions at this inspiring time. If you want, you can even place your own unique blessing over the space or certain items. ENJOY!